Last Updated: 6 October 2019
Grace Assembly PJ is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy as a high priority.
For the purposes of the Laws of Malaysia Act 709 – Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), the data controller is Grace Assembly PJ, with its registered office at No. 4, Lorong SS23/6E, Taman SEA, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (from now on referred to as (“Grace Assembly PJ”, “GAPJ”, “we”, or “us”).
What is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from you depend on the circumstances of collection.
The information collected may include:
· Contact information
· Family information
· Religious information (i.e. the year you accepted Christ, the year you were water and spirit baptised, and so forth)
· Financial information
How do we collect your Personal Data?
· When you apply for Grace Assembly Membership
· When we request for Members’ Contact information update
· When you sign up for specific Church events with us
· When you communicate with us via email, telephone, our web pages or social media platforms, and so forth
What do we use your Personal Data for?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
· to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements by authorities (i.e. Registrar of Society, Courts of Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia);
· to provide pastoral care to you;
· to verify the identity of our members and perform visitations;
· to provide church or event alert messages;
· to send our members Birthday Wishes, Congratulatory Messages on Wedding anniversary and others
· to facilitate your participation in our or third parties’ church events or programs;
· to assist our members in ‘wake’ services and funeral arrangements;
· to facilitate all financial transactions between you and the church;
To whom is your Personal Data disclosed?
All information collected is only used in-house for the purpose of church related matters. Some of this information may be shared with the (i.e. Registrar of Society, Courts of Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia) for compliance purposes. No information will be shared with any third parties for leads or marketing purposes.
How do we keep your Personal Data secure?
We will take all reasonable precautions necessary to protect your Personal Data from misuse, interference and loss; and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The following are some of the measures we have taken to secure your data:
· register all those who are allowed access;
· control and limit access based on necessity;
· maintain proper record of access and transfer of Personal Data;
· ensure all staff protect Personal Data confidentiality;
· conduct awareness programmes to all staff on responsibility to protect the Personal Data;
· establish physical and digital security procedures;
· bind legally all staff or parties involved in processing of the Personal Data;
You have rights under the PDPA in relation to the Personal Data which we hold about you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within one month (subject to any extensions to which we are lawfully entitled). Do note that we may keep a record of your communication to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
Grace Assembly PJ
No. 4, Lorong SS23/6E, Taman SEA,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.